Hello beautiful people! I hope that you have been loving and caring towards the ones around you as well as loving yourself wholeheartedly. As it is “The Month of Love’, I thought it would be fun to share cute ideas on “Random Acts of Love”. Whether it’s a boyfriend/ girlfriend; parents; siblings; friends etc, I encourage each one of us to be loving towards one another because there’s nothing wrong with appreciating and loving the people you care for.
So without further ado let’s get into this. I’m very excited because I am a sucker for cute and thoughtful things. These could be done for anyone you love and appreciate. The plus side is that you don’t have to spend a crazy amount and most of these you can make yourself with things at home.
10 Random Acts Of Love
- Love Letter or Appreciation Letter: Write a letter to someone you love, express your appreciation; your favourite traits and qualities; the things you love about them; Your favourite memory of them. To make it more personal you could handwrite it. I absolutely love this idea because sometimes you need to be reminded that you are loved and appreciated.
- A Memory Slide Show: Select a bunch of pictures and videos and create a slide show. I absolutely love this (Even thought most times the pictures are incredibly embarrassing). It’s such a sentimental gesture having to look back at amazing memories, you can even add music(their favourite songs), texts and transitions to jazz it up. This is so easy to make with all the available free apps on our devices.
- Bake or Cook: If you love baking, why not bake something and give it out to your family and friends. You can add a little note to it to brighten their day. This is such a cute idea because honestly who doesn’t like some freshly baked chocolate chip cookies?. If you prefer cooking; you can invite a few people over and treat them to a home cooked meal.
- Help Out at Home: This goes out to those still living at home with parents. Instead of waiting for your parents to ask you to clean the house, do it yourself as a surprise for them. This also applies to those who live together: a random act of service would be appreciated.
- Quality Time: Some people genuinely prefer spending quality time with others rather than receiving gifts. Spend time with the ones you love and by that I mean fully be present, put your phone away; leave your Xbox; take time off work; visit someone. Genuinely make the time to spend with someone you love.
- Leave/ Send a Thoughtful Note: In a world where we are constantly faced with situations that easily puts us down. Reminding our loved ones that they are great, amazing, beautiful and handsome could make someone’s day. Leaving or sending a note as simple as “I am proud of You.” or ” I love You” could change someone’s mood and put a smile on their face.
- Surprise Flowers: Nothing beats receiving a beautiful bouquet of flowers. LOL unless you are allergic then hmm I guess an edible bouquet (Fruits arrangement) will do. This is so easy because you can get them from the supermarket, gas station or if you have a garden well there you have it assemble a few flowers in a vase with a note. To make it extra special send their favourite flowers.
- Breakfast in Bed: Whether it’s for your parents; siblings; husband/wife; boyfriend/girlfriend; partner etc, breakfast in bed is such a sweet thought, assemble a few of their favourite breakfast items on a tray and surprise them. Nothing beats homemade pancakes, fresh orange juice and a cup of hot chocolate specially made, you can add a little thoughtful note if you like.
- Pray for One Another: James 5:16 says “Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.”. You never know what someone is going through, simply remember them in your prayers, as prayer is effective.
- Spread Love: Last but not least, be loving and kind to one another. 1 Corinthians 13: 13 says: “And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”Love one another as it genuinely is the greatest gift.
There you have it. I hope I have inspired someone out there to express love in thoughtful ways. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this piece and that you feel encouraged to show love to the ones around you. It doesn’t have to be on a specific day, life is short and unexpected things happen. You will not always have the chance to tell someone you love them or show appreciation, make the most of your present moment.
Please share other thoughtful ways of being loving in the comments, I would love to read them.