Baking with Mimmacula
Cooking and baking are two of my favourite things to do in my free time or ofcourse on a daily basis. I remember when I was little my mom baked nearly every weekend, and my job was to clean up the bowl and spoons and by that I mean eat the rest of the dough, every kid’s dream. To be fair I still do it now…..I’m 22🤦🏽♀️.. don’t judge me!!!!!
My love for baking developed more in my last years of high school. My school raised money for charities from bake sales and as I was a member of the charity society, I had to bring something for the sales. Apart from that I feel like baking actually calms me down, I’ve found myself baking to distress.
With that being said.. Let get to my first sweet post. Usually I bake the typical, regular cakes, cupcakes, so I decided to get out of my comfort zone and use fruits in my baking. I’ve never made PEACH cobbler before, and thought it would be a great way to start.. I came across the recipe from life in the lofthouse (link below)
The recipe was straight forward and easy to follow.
- 2 cups sliced peaches ( I use canned peaches)
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
I used this recipe twice and both times, I skipped on the nutmeg and pinch of salt.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F( 180°C). Grease a 2 quart baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Spread sliced peaches out in a single layer in prepared dish. Sprinkle tops of peaches with 2 Tablespoons sugar.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric hand-mixer, beat 1 cup sugar and softened butter together until combined. Add flour, baking powder, salt (and nutmeg if using). Mix. Then add in egg and vanilla. Continue to beat and mix together until just combined. (Batter will be the consistency of cookie dough batter.)
- Using a spatula, carefully spread batter over the tops of peaches. Trying to spread out as evenly as you can and covering most of the peaches. (I use my hands to help spread it too.)
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes(Mine was done in about 30min) or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!